Syktyvkar State University, established in 1972 which is named after Pitirim Sorokin, a Russian American sociologist, is the Principal University in Syktyvkar. It is also considered one of the largest institutions for pursuing higher education in North-West Russia. Presently it holds more than 9,000 students and more than 600 academic staff.
Institutes and Programs
The university has 12 institutes with 154 educational programs at all levels of education. It offers about 30 bachelor’s degree programs and 26 master’s degree programs in the fields of natural sciences, technology, jurisprudence, humanities, art, pedagogy, medicine, and economics and management. Fields of international scientific cooperation include ecology, biology, chemistry, medicine, economics, philology, and art and design.
Sorokin Research Center
In March 2009 the university established the Sorokin Research Center to undertake research and publication of archive materials on the sociologist Pitirim Sorokin from international sources. The Syktyvkar State University is also associated with the Russian Mineralogical Society.
Faculties at Syktyvkar State University
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Fundamental and Applied Chemistry
- Faculty of Medical and Preventive Health Faculty
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dentistry
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- The student should have qualified class 10 and 12 from any recognised education board/institution
- The student must have scored at least 50% in their class-12 while studying Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or any equivalent subject)
- The student must be of 17 years of age
- The student should qualify for the NEET-UG exam with the required marks.
- The 50th percentile for the students of the general/EWS category is 50th percentile.
- 45th percentile for the students belonging to PwD
- 40th percentile for the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category
- The students must possess a valid NEET Scorecard.
- Fill in the admission Form
- Submit it after attaching all the required documents
- Receive the admission/acceptance letter from the university
- Apply for the Student Visa
- Prepare & travel to your university
Complete the formalities at the university
- From filling up the admission form, arranging the documents, applying for the visa, loan assistance, travel, formalities at the university, arranging accommodations till the hostels are provided, etc, the team of Rus Education assists you at every step.
Documents Required for Admission
At the time of MBBS admissions at Syktyvkar State University, Indian students are required to procure the following documents:
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical test report including HIV negative report.
Why Study MBBS at Syktyvkar State University, Russia?
- The University is an active participant in several international conferences, seminars and exhibitions at various national and international levels.
- The university provides a globally recognized education at an extremely affordable cost.
- The University boasts of having strong worldwide tie-ups with international facilities across different disciplines.
- The University has a creative image centre, 3 museums, a tourism centre, a sports complex and volunteering organizations for students to take an active part in and to keep them occupied at all times.