Crimea Federal University Overview
Crimea Federal University, also known as V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University, is a top medical university in Russia located in Crimea State. Established in 1918, the university has over 7,000 staff members and more than 32,000 students, including 3,000 foreign students from 54 countries. The university is conferred an ‘AA’ Rank by the International Education Society.
Recognitions of Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University is recognized by various reputed statutory recognition authorities in the world such as:
- National Medical Commission (erstwhile Medical Council of India);
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Russia (MSHE);
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS);
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Faculties of Crimea Federal University
There are 5 faculties at Crimea Federal University:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology
- Faculty of Pediatrics
Eligibility Criteria for Crimea Federal University
Any Indian student applying to Crimea Federal University to pursue MBBS in Russia must fulfil the following:
- Academic requirements: Must have passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate 50% score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Age requirement: Must be 17 years of age as of 31st December in the admission year.
- NEET requirements: Qualified NEET exam (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
Admission Procedure for Crimea Federal University
The procedure for MBBS admission in Russia at Crimea Federal University is as follows:
- Fill out an application form online.
- Submit the required documents along with the state.
- The university will send an admission letter to the applicant.
- The applicant will apply for a student visa with the Russian embassy.
- After receiving the student visa, make arrangements for travel to the university.
- The applicant has to bring the original documents and first-year admission fees with him to the university.
Documents Required for Admission to Crimea Federal University
The admission process for the MBBS course at Crimea Federal University requires the submission of the following documents:
- Pass certificates and mark sheets of classes 10th and 12th.
- Health certificate/report
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photos
- NEET scorecard
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University is one of the oldest and most reputed medical universities in the Russian Federation to study MBBS in Russia. Here’s why:
- The university stands at the 25th position in Russia.
- Low admission fees and easy admission procedure for international students.
- Medical degrees awarded by CFU are valid in India, Europe, Asia, America, and worldwide.
- 7,000 highly-qualified experienced teachers offer high-quality medical education.
- Extensive practical training is provided to students during clinical rotations.
- The complete MBBS course is imparted in English medium since 2016.
- Presently, 3000+ international students are studying at CFU.
- Practical clinical exposure is offered to students at government hospitals.
City at a Glance
Simferopol is the capital of Crimea. Crimea has Mediterranean weather in the summer season and winters are primarily snowy and cold. Crimea is mostly surrounded by the Black Sea. Crimea has the longest trolley bus route on the planet. It is home to the world’s most powerful solar plants in Perovo, a Crimean village.